First we need to copy the site, so we have local copy on our own machine. This can be done using the method as an example shown in the earlier blog entry Caught it.
Next, we need a Dropbox account. Go to www.dropbox.com and you should see the following:
Click on the download button and follow the instructions. You will need an email address. We actually on need the Typical setting.
This will add a piece of software to machine. With a little box icon at the bottom of your screen, if we click on this we see the files and folders in the dropbox, open the public folder, now.transfer files over to public folder
Go to the dropbox website and log-in
Step 2: Right-click[control-click for a mac] this home page file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link. This copies the Internet link to your file so that you can paste it somewhere else.
Example:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25018391/index.html for the East Midlands Knowledge Network
- Dropbox (see:http://websitesustainability.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/alternative-hosting-approach-1-dropbox.html)
- Google Sites (see:http://websitesustainability.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/google-sites-for-sustainability-week-3.html )
- Hosting options:http://websitesustainability.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/hosting-how-to-get-it-out-there-for.html
- Free tools:http://websitesustainability.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-best-free-tools-for-website.html
- Amazon S3 (see:http://websitesustainability.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/thoughts-about-using-amazon-s3.html)
- Google Drive see http://websitesustainability.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/hosting-on-google-drive-case-study.html
This work has been supported by funding from JISC. The site can be viewed at https://sites.google.com/site/emknorg/ or http://www.web-sustainablity.net/emkn/